Wrapping up MTS
Exiting leaders from Engage 😦
Last 5pm Service!
Hi St John’s Family! I can’t believe that nearly two years have already passed since I first started my MTS apprenticeship! God has been extremely kind over this time with many learnings, He has filled my heart with deep gratitude to Him and His people. Here are some key highlights/learnings-
- Seeing people become Christians and grow in their faith- I’ve had the privilege of seeing God do His good work in lives through our Engage and Explore ministries, see people put their trust in Jesus as their Lord and Saviour. What an awesome supernatural reality!
- Realising that I am a very weak man in the hands of a very strong God. God has worked through my weaknesses to serve Him, a focus on Word and prayer is key. These are the means by which God grows His people in the power of His Spirit.
- I have really loved my teams over the past couple of years! What a privilege it is to serve alongside gospel-minded servants who really love their people! I have seen them grow in their own love for Christ and the people around them.
- Having the privilege of preaching 1 Samuel 18 at last English services. You can watch the sermon here (starts at 31:15) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BBFmFhjpB8&t=2786s&ab_channel=StJohn%27sParramatta
I also want to thank my trainers over the past couple of years, Ronaldo Sanchez and Jaison Jacob (alongside the wider staff team!). These two men have been excellent role models of godliness in my life – they’ve encouraged me through the ups and downs of my ministry/personal life, they’ve modelled faithful and humble service, and by God’s grace have shaped me into the person I am today.
1. I’ll be heading to Moore Theological College from 2023-2026 to further grow in godly character and be equipped for a lifetime of ministry.
2. I’m going to be moving churches to St Stephen’s Willoughby to be a student minister there. Part of this role will involve helping revitalise the evening congregation and assist with their integration of newcomers
3. I’ll also be getting married to a lovely girl named Katherine who has been a great support in my life!
- Pray that I’d trust God amidst all the different changes which are happening over the next year.
- Pray that I’d continue to keep watch over my life and doctrine so that I’d grow as a faithful servant of God
- Pray for a restful January break. I’m planning to spend time with family, plan for a wedding and learn some Greek and Hebrew.
Thanks for being such an awesome church family to be apart of, I will dearly miss you! May you never forget the love of God in Christ Jesus!
38 For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, 39 nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Rom 8:38-39)